Check the tires for sidewall bulges.

NickZ

Classic Car Fair wrote:

Reply to
Nick Zervas

Bent brake discs?

Taff.....

taff

That may be it. My 2000 S-40 developed a slight vibation at highway speed. I thought I might have lost a balance weight, so I had the wheels rebalanced. That helped slightly. A few weeks later, my son spotted a small sidewall bulge on one tire. It turned out there was a cut inside the tread area, perhaps from hitting a pothole. I'm glad it was caught before I had a blowout.

Reply to
Marvin Margoshes

Does it shake at a specific speed regardless of whether your coasting or giving it gas? If yes then it's likely in the wheels (tires/rims/disks etc.). If no then perhaps an engine mount or transmission issue? I recently drove a vehicle (a 32' RV) that shook like it was under attack by Klingons when accellerating in lower gears but evened out when you released the gas or got up to a certain speed. The trannie eventually failed catastrophically on that vehicle (black transmission fluid!) and requires removal and $3500 work.

Good luck. blurp

On Tue, 25 May 2004 03:02:44 +0100, the illustrious taff favored us with the following prose:

Reply to
blurp