Simple Question. Simple Answer?

Hi,

Wife just drove home with a new (for us) 2001 S80. She listens to educational CDs while driving, so her CD player requirements are a bit different from someone that needs to get to a particular track on a music CD.

Simply put, she needs pause and memory, especially pause. The audio unit is an HU-611 and the owners manual we got from the dealer says nothing about pause nor memory.

How best to put the CD into pause? Better still: how to pause and see the minute:second progress indicator?

We are still experimenting, so maybe later we can tell YOU how this is done. But if anyone knows NOW we'd appreciate hearing.

Or, how about: anyone know where to navigate to on the internet to get INDEPTH instructions on the HU-611? Again, our owner's manual has basic instructions. And we have not successfully found good instructions on the internet.

Reply to
whistling_armor

hook up an external cd player that does what she need...like folks do w/their i pods and mp3 palyers...no cars have paus and resume features on cd units that i know of...volvo, bmw, gmc....

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

. Darn! . We just graduated from all that...plug into the cigarette lighter... wires balled up in a tangle all over the console...feel around for the controls on the CD player...pop-top CD player instead of a handy slot in the dash. . But thanks for responding.

Reply to
whistling_armor

Most car CD players I've used stop and resume playback when you switch to radio or shut the stereo off. It's not ideal but the CD might resume on that unit too.

Good luck, blurp

Reply to
blurp

As blurp says, normally anything that interrupts the CD playing (including switching to the radio) usually pauses the CD and causes it to pick up where it left off. An additional benefit is that unlike tape players where a moment of material is lost in the transition most CD players repeat the last second or two.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Hey There

I might suggest you get an IPod or something similar. I have one in my

850 and it works great. You can use a CTA 3-in-1 Car Kit for iPod holder/radio that will play back through the car radio.

Here is a link to the CTA 3-in-1 Car Kit for iPod.

71401Regards Russ

Reply to
Russ

. Well that was the answer. (?#%&?) Am certain we had tried that yesterday (while cruising around with our "new" car) but had gotten different results. I tried your suggestion with the car sitting in the garage and it worked. If tomorrow it is not working ON THE ROAD well... . Thanks for all the replies! .

Reply to
whistling_armor