Slow 740 brake pedal after months of sitting

Hey guys, long time no post for me. I have a 1987 740 and a 1985 245. My 740 sat for about 4-5 months without use while I was getting my 245 in order.

I started it yesterday and everything worked fine, but the brakes seemed a bit odd. I recall last time I was using the car (months ago) the brakes were fine - except for a hard vibration if I was going fast and hit the brakes hard. It was just the feeling of warped rotors. They braked hard, just vibrated.

Now, when I first start the car and get moving, I press a very hard pedal and it feels like manual brakes. Very hard to stop the car. As I drive around the brakes "loosen up" and then they brake the car but very slowly.

It does not feel like the master cylinder failed - because it did fail in my 245 not long ago, and that feeling was a firm top, then have the pedal sponge and bottom out.

This just feels like something (maybe the booster?) isn't working. It's like manual brakes with no power assist.

Any thoughts?

jamie

Reply to
Jamie

The booster or vacuum line may be leaking.

Reply to
Roadie