small mystery switch

I found a small electric rocker switch on my 92 960 wagon. It's on the side panel by the driver's left foot, just in front of the hood release lever. Any idea what it does?

Reply to
masqqqqqqq

John Robertson

Mine was doing that for a while in around October or November last year. It was overnight as condensation formed inside the car. During a long drive I turned the heating full on to dry the interior out as much as possible and it has been ok since.

Reply to
Crazy Dog

Do you have an aftermarket remote starter? Sometimes an on/off switch is placed down there out of the way.

Reply to
Eric

Tonight I took that side panel off, and found whatever the switch used to do, the wires have been snipped off and now it does nothing. Couldn't find any loose wires left over either. So, thanks for the effort. There is no remote starter. There is an alarm, but I have no idea how it works. Hasn't gone off yet, thank goodness.

Reply to
masqqqqqqq