Smoking 740 Turbo!

Okay fixed the wiper fluid problem~ now I wish that was my only problem! This one has been ongoing.... Wife's car is a 1990 740 Turbo Wagon. About a year ago it started smoking. Badly. Intermittently though. Replaced head gasket. Nothing for a while. Then it smokes again. This time rebuilt the turbo. Nothing. Just when we think it's okay....it smokes again. Our mechanic did so much I can't even remember everything....but it's been good for about 6 mnths.

Hang on though~ guess what happened today? Yes~ SMOKE! Blue smoke but only for a minute. But it was BAD!

A while back wife noticed oil in the coolant tank... :( Related? Any ideas? Our mechanic moved so can't go back to him. I'm fed up and at a complete loss. Would LOVE some help! Any input on things to check....really, ANYTHING are appreciated. Thanks!

Reply to
Bob Molesworth

Clogged crankcase breather? Did it happen after coasting down a hill?

Reply to
James Sweet

It actually usually starts while idling at a stop....but has been known to do it while driving.

Reply to
Bob Molesworth

Reply to
John Robertson

So this all points back to the clogged crankcase breather?

Sorry, not sure what you meant by getting the air regassed?? Can you clarify? Thanks!

As it is, our mechanic who was great got into some kinda trouble (drugs, money, both, whatever) and skipped town. Now wondering if any of the work he did was even done and if it was done was it done right...?

Reply to
Bob Molesworth

I'm pretty sure he's referring to getting the air conditioning recharged with refrigerant.

Reply to
James Sweet

Aha! That seems obvious now! LOL Thanks!

Reply to
Bob Molesworth

Sorry I speak in strien down here where the water flows down the sink the other way I try to think American but frankly its too odd for me .EXAMPLES FOLLOW .fawcett a tap trunk a suitcase not a boot as on a car .bonnet a hood .a hood a criminal fender a mudguard .petrol gas . gas liquid petrolium LPG.fender bumperbar .motor engine .windscreen windshield .rubber boots gumboots or wellies .AIRCONDITIONING regassed air regassed .Fire up the engine yes I did that once, we just start the engine .exhaust headers.doing a head job ask monika and clinton about that one .gear lever gear shift .but on one thing we agree Volvo means real cars .

Reply to
John Robertson