Sold my vette. Need help as to a good sports or luxure car under $20k

Wha is a good clasy or sport car under 20k?

Reply to
Car Guy

I know this is a Volvo group, but you can't get a good C70 for under $20K, so here's second best...

They're American, but...

If you can find it...

A Pontiac Solstice or Saturn Sky will probably be you best bet -- they're really actually decent cars, believe it or not.

Reply to
Robert

Well, a sports car under $20k isn't going to come close to the experience you had with a corvette. And Volvo doesn't make what I would call a sports car although their sedans do offer a reasonably high level of performance and handling. That said, a used BMW Z3, a new Pontiac Solstice as mentioned, or a new Mazda Miata are a few examples of what I would consider to be good looking sports cars for around $20k.

Reply to
Roadie

If a Volvo sport is what you you want an opinion on...

20K would buy you two.

I would recommend a 1967 P1800S as a daily driver. Underpowered, 1.8 litre dual carb, rubber bushing suspension, wonderful handler with the right sway bars and suspension parts. Hey it's a million mile car.

#2 would have to be a V8 240. There are a few around. Mostly 350 Chevs in a Volvo chassi. Toronto has a couple there is one I know of in Arizona and I know of two here in Nova Scotia. Most rare.

I prefer an 80's 240 two door coupe, 2.1 litre, no sunroof though. That would make it the most perfect car for me. I got it seven years ago for

2000Can$. It now has 450K on the clock. rebuilt most of the car except for the body. That is next year. She needs it now.

I hope this helps.

Steve Nova Scotia Canada

Reply to
Steve T. Slade

head over to the v70r web site and look at the used volvo wagons...try a test drive in one...you might like those....

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Just curious - why did you sell the 'vette? It would give us a clue what you want to change.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee