source for parts?

I've got a '95 850 with a broken odometer. The regional Volvo dealership says 'part no longer available'. I understand that this is a burdensome repair, what with pulling out the dashboard, etc., so getting what I need from a junkyard might not be feasible.

Are there other (non-Volvo) sources where perhaps I could buy the part online or mail-order and then take it to a third-party mechanic for installation?

TIA

Reply to
Henry

Might want to check into who made the odometer for Volvo. It is likely a VDO. If so, some other company parts MIGHT fit. I'd grad a speedo head from the wreckers, myself. Try to get one with low mileage (relatively) to give yourself a fighting chance of getting better parts. The unit from any 800 series should fit -

Reply to
clare

It would help to know whereabouts in the world you are - since this NG is global.

Possibilities may vary from country to country.

Reply to
Roger Mills

If you're in the US, check with IPD at

If they don't have one, they probably know some who does.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Heston

Doesn't seem all THAT burdensome. Looks like the top cover comes off, exposing the cluster. Here's a small piece of a 95 850 manual...

Sanity Clause

Reply to
Patricia Butler