Spark Plug recommendations

I have a 1984 245 (Wagon), auto trans, 180,000 miles. I'm gonna replace the plugs, wondered if anyone had recommendations on a really good brand/type for this model.

Reply to
naverillsn001

MaryAnne Olsen

Borton Volvo in Minneapolis uses: NGK - BPR6ES As have I for years in my 240s & 740s. Never a problem. Jay

Reply to
Jay Epstein

Me too........... NGK - BPR6ES

Andy I.

Reply to
brackenburn

NGK ARE BEST THE GERMAN PLUGS HAVE JAMMED IN THE THREAD TOO OFTEN OVER THE YEARS NGK AND A LITTLE ANTI SEIZE. GERMANS DONT MAKE THE BEST THEY JUST LIKE TO TELL YOU THEY DO !

Reply to
John Robertson

I have had best luck in many cars with NGK copper core plugs, or the ones with the "v" electrode, I have not had good luck with high end bosh plugs.

Reply to
Steve n Holly

I'll second that, good old basic NGK plugs, they just work, anything fancy is a gimmick.

Reply to
James Sweet

I like the Volvo OEM plugs. The last time I bought them from Toyota Volvo Keene the price was competitive with aftermarket plugs and they came ready to go, gapped correctly, etc.

Work like a charm.

John

Reply to
John Horner

NGK for me too.... had nothing but hassle with RubBosch.....

Reply to
AB

Reply to
John Robertson