steering

I have ?95 850 turbo wagon, has anybody heard of steering problems,like rack and pinion? I know it needs struts,145000K on the car, I don?t know if they can affect the steering that much.I was told it is expensive for rack and pinion repair,anybody have advice on that? thanks lion

Reply to
lion

My '95 854T needed a new rack at 110,000 km. No reason given -- our roads are well-surfaced and the car has been driven moderately since new. IIRC, it cost ~ $900CAN for a rebuilt rack, installed. No problem with the struts.

Java

Reply to
Espressopithecus (Java Man)

The steering rack in my 1996 850 leaked badly at 115,000 km. I shopped around and got it replaced with a rebuilt rack for about US$700. The dealer wanted about US$1200.

John

Reply to
John Briggs