Steering column UJs

Anybody any experience of changing the universal joints on the steering column of a 740? Mine are clunking away and need changing.

The UJs are staked in, which can make them awkward to change, but as Volvo want a mortgageable amount for a new column - just the intermediate shaft that the joints are fitted into - there's not much option.

It would be really usefull to know the size(s) of the two joints, so that I can buy the new ones before I do any dismantling. Alternatively, can anyone tell me what I measure to get the sizes?

Reply to
Stewart Hargrave