Steering Wheel Lock/Tumbler Removal

Hello - I just bought a 1989 240. The internals of the Steering Wheel Lock/Tumbler have disintegrated within 2 hours of purchase. The key removed easily, however when I went to reinsert the key it was "blocked" by pieces & parts. Currently the steering wheel is in the unlock position. I've removed the ignition switch from the steering wheel lock so I am able to start the car. Question - How is the lock set / tumbler removed from the steering wheel lock. Please remember I cannot reinsert the key.

Thank You - Mike Baldwin

Reply to
Michael Baldwin