sticking accelerator cable on my 740 Turbo

Hi,just back from a short trip and the accelerator has decided to stick on,I managed to manually 'unstick' it but on continuation of journey it kept doing it,I have cleaned round cable in engine and doesn't stick when controlled from the engine,just when the pedal is depressed,does anyone know what the problem can be,it seems to be at the accelerator pedal rather than inside the engine,do I need to replace cable or is there a more simple solution to this,thnx in advance for any advice

Allan

Reply to
Allan

I had a problem with mine that was fixed by using some decent oil into the cable housing. Have you checked for any obvious clearance issues ? I think you should probably remove one end of the cable from it's mounting point and check to see how free the cable is. You would need to be VERY certain that you fix this and fix it well. Nasty things happen with stuck throttles.

AJS

Reply to
AJS