Strange electrical problem 1995 850 glt

I started the car today and I noticed the abs light came on. I investigate a little and I have no turn signals, no heated seats, no rear defogger, no traction control, no cruise control, no dash lights and no tail lights when the headlights are on. Interestingly the tail light work when the parking lights are on.

I check the rear lights and one brake light is broken. I drive to get a light and take the car home. I pull into the car parts store and the abs light goes off, and everything functions normally. I replaced the bulb and went home. When I went home, I tried to pull codes and I got nothing. I am baffled. Any suggestions on where to start?

I expect this from the Land Rover; but, not from the Volvo. (you know the Lucas eletric motto "A gentleman never motors after dark")

Thanks, Brian

Reply to
Brian Leonard
[Brian Leonard] (Mon, 28 Jul 2003 03:16:55 GMT):

ABS does a self-diagnostic when speed is below 30km/h, so any faults not there anymore when you are slowing down, would disappear.. Had this once after a speedometer control (only front wheels going). The light went out when I stopped.

Reply to
Svein Tore Sølvik
[Brian Leonard] (Mon, 28 Jul 2003 03:16:55 GMT):

It sounds like a fuse is not seated properly or you have a gound problem in the instrument cluster.

Reply to
Stephen M. Henning

Thanks for the replies. Work has been crazy lately. I will check the ignition switch.

Brian

investigate

Reply to
Brian Leonard