Sunroof

Fed up with my 960 (96) Thought the channels were blocked but no they are clear. Water seems to be dripping in from the corner of the sunroof housing when I have removed the bit of trim from around the headlining. This is wet and running down the A post to the floor. Ideas before I put a match to it?

TIA John

Reply to
john

Have you cleaned up the sealing strip around the sunroof edge? This allows for a minor drip or two being channelled down the four corners of the sunroof tray. The tray is also sealed against the inside of the roof and is held in place with about a dozen small bolts. Remove headlining (very gently) to expose the bottom of the sunroof tray. Any leakage around the edges will be obvious and usually fixable. Don't torch a perfectly good car for one niggle, fix it!

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter Milnes

Just getting fed up of a wet car!

Seems that the water is coming in somewhere on the corner piece which is plastic, Must have been the hot summer melting the sealant.

John

Reply to
john