sunroof will go back, but wont close

just bought a 1988 740 turbo. It has an automatic sunroof that will pull back, but won't go forward. the first thing I noticed was I rolled it back about 3 inches then tried closing it. it went forward about 2 inches, but not all the way. I tried playin with it a little more and ended up with it being about 3 inches open and not willingto move forward at all. I bought a chilton repair manual, hoping it would have a section about th sunroof, but it didn't.

does anyone have experience and information to offer on this problem.

Reply to
hooligan

There's some microswitches in the motor gearbox that occasionally fail. Also sometimes the levers that lower the wind deflector fail and the lip of the sunroof catches on the deflector and jams.

Reply to
James Sweet

Yes, this link will tell you what you need to know.

Mr. V