Switch lights - are they repairable?

A number of my dash switche's indicator lights are out.

(Moon roof, Fog light, etc...)

At $35/each for replacement switches, are the little indicator lights that let you find them in the dark repairable? Yes I can find them by touch, but my wife who doesn't dive the car much can't...

The car in a 1999 V70 XC

Bob

Reply to
Bob Sisson

Yes, but usually it takes some patience to disassemble the switch if it was not meant to be user relampable. I usually retrofit LED's into switches like that.

Reply to
James Sweet

Yes the bulbs are replaceable just remove the switch & you will see where the bulb is held in to the switch (on top) the dealer parts department should be able to order them if they do not stock them

Reply to
Glenn Klein

From the dealer they're big bucks ($8 here in Canada). You can buy the bulbs from radio shack and put them in your old holders. (The holders are that (usually white, sometimes black) small round disk at the top of the back of the switch.) The only one that's a real pain to change is the one for the "INFO" switch, assuming you have a trip computer, which requires disassembly.

Reply to