Tach capacitor for V8

Which capacitor on the factory dash assembly do I change, and to what, to count appropriate pulses for a V-8 swap? 1990 760 Turbo

Forrest

Reply to
mccanlessdesign

I've heard of this before as well but, everywhere I've checked no one seems to be able to help. As far as I know you need a tach from an '82 '83 six cylinder which has a potentiometer on the back side which needs to be turned all the way to the left position. I've not been able to get my hands on one of these either. If anyone knows where such an animal can be obtained please respond....... I'd be greatful:-) Herman '83 282 5.0 H.O. formerly 242 Turbo intercooled

Reply to
Herman

Reply to
mccanlessdesign

Reply to
James Sweet

I think that it needed a change of resistor, not capacitor.

Does this also apply to 82-83 264/265 dashes? I'm intending to swap an '82 dash into my '80 model and haven't done anything yet about recalibrating the tacho. Haven't started pulling the donor 265 apart yet...

Reply to
athol