Timing belt replacement V70 T5 (1997)

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if it is difficult to replace the timing belt of a '97 V70 T5? Dou you need e.g. any special tools, or is there anything else you should think about?

My V70 needs it replaced as I've got 230000km on the clock and replacing takes (relatively) a lot of time and therefore makes it expensive.

Any suggestions/tips?

Thanks in advance, Heintjep

Reply to
Heintjep

Its not really hard if you have some mechanical ability. There are two tools that will help you out. 1 is the tensioner tool. Its just a 3/4" adaptor that goes on a 1/2" breaker bar. The other is the timing belt tensioner tool. DO NOT try and force the hydraulic tensioner in with a bench vise. You will ruin the valving. Better yet replace the thing. Just line up and mark the timing marks with white out. Take your time with it.

Reply to
volvoguy