tire suggestions needed

Time to buy new tires for my 98 V70 GLT, since I run snows in the winter all seasons are not really required for the summer. I have been looking at Yokohama AVS ES100 195/60/15 does anyone have any comments about these? Is there some other performance tire that someone may recommend? As far as sizing stock is 195/60/15 does anyone have any experience with

205/55/15 Also looking to spend less than $100/tire.

Thanks, Rob

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Rob

I recently got a set of Bridgestone Potenza RS960s on my 740, they're fantastic so far. About US$80 each, very quiet, the whole car feels much more luxureous, and rain or shine, I've not yet broken one loose. The worn Pirelli P6000s were not this good when they were new, and more recently would spin easily if the road was at all wet. I suggest reading some online reviews of whatever tires you're considering.

Reply to
James Sweet

We've had good luck with the 70k mile rated Hankook tires, on both our 240 (now sold) and our Camry wagon. They seem good quality, handle fine, and are less than $100 per tire.

Reply to
mjc1

I could be wrong, but if I recall correctly, winter tires are better when narrower and taller so they "cut" through the snow. The opposite with summer tires. you want wider so you get more grip on the pavement. And optionally lower for "driving comfort".

My 2cents.

C>Time to buy new tires for my 98 V70 GLT, since I run snows in the winter all

Reply to
Someone

The width in itself has no effect on traction, although a wider tire puts less stress per square inch of contact patch so they can be made of softer more sticky rubber and still have acceptable life.

Reply to
James Sweet