Torx for V70 XC

Hi,

I have a 1998 V70XC with the dealer-installed roof rack, but I can't find the Torx tool needed to move the rails back and forth. Does anyone know the size I'd need? I checked my local hardware store and they have several different sizes, but unfortunately the car is down at the shore and I can't measure it right now.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Robert

not just any old torx tool either. the torx scres on the load bars have pins in them so you need a torx tool with a center hole to go around the pin.

i'd go look at the size on mine but we have major storm moving in and i'd rather not get drenched!

you will have to go to volvo or a specialty store store to buy >Hi,

Reply to
klh

Wow, we just had a huge storm here. Thanks for the advice...maybe I'll make a trip to the dealer someday soon; I'd better check on the Internet first though.

Reply to
Robert

I'm sorry I don't know the exact size for you, but I bought a whole set of Torx drivers (with the holes for the center pins) at our local Autozone for about $15. There are Torx all over the new Volvos so it's not a bad investment to just pick up a whole set. You'll need them (at least) to change bulbs.

-----

-RL

Reply to
Robert Lutwak

Yeah, that's probably a good idea too. And in case anyone is wondering, the size of the roof rack rail Torx bits is T-30, and "tamper proof" is what they call the Torx with center indentations.

Reply to
Robert