Towing a 850

We are moving and I need to tow my 850 to our new home.

Is there anything that would hurt the car by using a dolly for the 2 front wheels and letting the rear two follow along?

Any tips?

Thanks

Dunc

Reply to
Dunc

Should be fine even for an automatic as the driven wheels will not be in contact with the road.

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).
Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

Assuming you don't have the AWD version, then that's no problem. If yours is AWD, then you absolutely need to raise all 4 wheels.

Reply to
Mike F

Good point Mike.

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).
Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

They made an AWD 850?

Reply to
James Sweet

In 1997 for the NA market. I don't know about other markets. I've ever only seen one - in Toronto.

Beverly

Reply to
Bev A. Kupf

850 R AWD certainly in the UK market
Reply to
David Taylor

The 850 AWDs were only sold in Canada, not in the US, only in the short model year 1997, only with the light pressure turbo, and only with manual transmission. And of course, they were sold in most of the rest of the world as well.

Reply to
Mike F