Trip Meter - Broken Gear - 1984 242

The trip meter and odometer quit a week ago and I assume it is a chipped gear after reading various threads on the internet. It was like this wen I got this car 7 years ago and I had it repaired. I'm guessing I pushed the reset while I was moving which is a no no.

I have found several sources for this part. What is the best recommended source for a quality gear?

How difficult is it to replace. I have replaced the clock so I have had the instrument cluster out.

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I replaced mine using a kit from IPD. It included the gear and a CD showing exactly how to locate, access and replace the gear. Costs a little more than just the gear alone, but I felt it was worth it for a first time venture. It is not difficult once you see how it all goes together. Check ipdusa.com

Reply to
RiverDWP