trunk and gas cover

I own a 1998 S70. Last evening I stopped to buy gas and found that I couldn 't open the gas cap cover from inside the car. The trunk would also not op en from inside either. I did use my key fob to unlock the trunk, pulled ba ck the lining and popped the gas cover that way however I don't want to hav e to do that on a regular basis. The car was recently at the garage gettin g some emission testing done and I've not opened the trunk or added gas sin ce. It seems I recall there being a "valet" key setting that disables the interior releases but can't seem to find any info on this. Any ideas and o r suggestions appreciated.

Denny A

See page 47 of

re disabling/enabling the remote trunk lock. Did not find anything similar re the fuel door. Perhaps it is linked to the trunk lock ?

OR, seeing that the 2 switches on the door are next to each other, perhaps a common wire inside the door panel, feeding voltage to the switches, has come loose.

Good Luck.......

Reply to
Retired