trunk light

where is the thing that tells the trunk light to turn off and on. Where is the switch so I can clean it. Mines cycles on and off rapidly whenever I move the trunk and it's open. Thanks.

-Hector

Reply to
Ecomoda

In what car? 240's and 740's have a little mercury tilt switch in the light housing.

Reply to
James Sweet
240. It was just a 'not all the way pushed' switch/rocker. Thanks anyway. Oh, mercury. How delicate.

Reply to
Ecomoda

Sometimes the wire leading to the switch gets so stiff with age (and cold) that it turns the switch toward the off position.

Reply to
Mike F