turbo leaking oil S40

I have developed a pretty good oil leak on my 2000 S40 with 112,000 miles (about 3/4 qt./week). My mechanic says he "thinks" it's the turbo, but I've seen other places that the oil feeder tube has a tendency to leak. Anyone have any opinions? If it is the turbo, can anyone recommend a good supplier/rebuilder?

Reply to
Steve Bernth

The turbo drain tube seal leaks where it goes into the engine block. This is very common on all S40's, at least through 2002 models. Replace the tube seal at the block and the gasket at the oil drain pipe outlet of the turbo. The gasket of course is at the other end of the drain tube where it mounts to the bottom side of the turbo. Clean off the block of leaked oil and watch for any other oil leaks. BD

Reply to
Big Dick