Tyre Choices - V70 2.5 10v

I have always been a fan of continental rubber, but I am always open to other peoples views.

I want to replace all 4 tyres on my newly acquired V70 2.5 10v here in the UK.

I do about 12,000 miles a year. Tyre size is 195/60 R15 but I could upsize to 205/55 R15.

Looking for good grip, both wet and dry, comfort and low noise.

(I also had good experiences from Uniroyal fitted to my sadly departed BMW

525)

-- Jason Russell

Reply to
Jason Russell

Bear in mind all 70 series are fairly hard on tyres, so you'll want a fairly hard compound else you'll be replacing the front ones every year...!

I run Pirelli P6000's on our 98 S70 2.5 10v manual at 33psi F and 30psi R (abit above book) which does make the ride slightly more jittery and alittle louder than stock but I get 2mpg more and they're doing around 20-22k when swapped front to back at about 15k miles, which i consider excellant.

Grip is very good in the dry, and good in the wet.

Note I have the T5 spec 205/50 16 inch alloys which does impact ride comfort somewhat.

The previous 850 we had ran on your size rims initially had some goodyear nct5's which were grippy and quiet, but only lasted 9000 miles! Pirelli's went on that then.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

I have always found the conti's to give good tyre life, hence why I like them.

I am looking at the new Conti Premium Contact 2.

-- Jason Russell Dotcom-Computers Ltd t: 01403 784340 f: 01403 786698 e: dotcom AT dotcom-computers.co.uk

Reply to
Jason Russell