Uhg...

There are SO many dirtier less efficient cars on the road that don't qualify for this imbecilic program that could have been traded for those that do.

Reply to
James Sweet

"James Sweet" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:h5256e$a8n$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org...

Couldn´t watch it to the end, it hurts too much to see that stupidity. BTW this page wanted to run a large amount of scripts from many different websites in my browser. Franz47

Reply to
franz47

I didn't even start watching it, the still was bad enough. And jeez, the 850 shouldn't qualify in the first place given that its fuel efficiency ought to exceed the parameters of the program. My 1990 240 gets 23-25 mpg average in mixed driving and 25-27 on the highway.

Reply to
Tim McNamara

They go off of whatever the fuel economy is listed at, not what it actually gets. Friend of mine who works at a Saturn dealership said pretty much the same thing is happening there, lots of clean later model luxury cars, minivans and trucks being traded in on brand new cars and SUVs with marginally higher fuel economy ratings. Your tax dollars at work...

Reply to
James Sweet

BTW, I contacted my local representatives and sent them the same link. I'm sure it's too late to do much good but it can't hurt. They're laying off teachers and cutting back on essential services and yet throwing money at this lunacy. Anyone who feels the same may wish to do so as well, I suspect most people don't realize quite what is going on.

Reply to
James Sweet

Yes, well, a quick perusal of US high school graduation rates will show you that we don't need as many teachers as we have, since something like

30% of high school students don't graduate. :-P (Sorry for the sarcasm).
Reply to
Tim McNamara