UK 940 Est (1991) Replacement Antenna?

Hi, Anyone on here fitted a replacement antenna on their '940 Estate? Like to share your experience? I don't really know if it supposed to be Manual or Electric at this stage (only receintly bought the car like this) I don't really mind, so long as it's not too long. This is because I have an amateur radio antenna the other side. What about aftermarket antennas? Hella always used to make good quality car accessories, I remember that they made a wire wound type on a fiberglass rod. This was encapsulated in plastic ie. *not* those horrid rubber things that you used to see on Ford Cortina's (Sorry about the F-word!). How easy is it to get to the other side of the hole BTW?

Many Thanks.

Steve Hobbs (G7EXZ) Salisbury, UK

Reply to
Stephen Hobbs