UK 940 Highlander (2.0) 1993 - E/Mirror retrofit

I have tried to get a used manual (YES Manual) replacement mirror for the above but a new one (because of its rarity i guess) would cost around

120 - as I can get used electric ones a lot cheaper does anybody know if it is possible to retrofit electric mirrors and switching - is the wiring already there or is it more complicated than that?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Ian

Reply to
Iangec

Hi Ian,

Yes you can switch them from manual to power mirror. In fact Volvo sells conversion kits as an accessory at the dealer, I've purchased one and converted the manual mirrors on my 740 to power mirrors. If your car has power windows then the wiring for power mirrors and mirror heating are in place.

If your car has manual windows and you don't have the wiring for power mirrors, I can ship the wirings to you. It came in the conversion kit I bought but I didn't need them. I can also scan or photocopy the installation instruction and send it to you if it makes your job easier.

Will '90 744 GLT (B230F)

Reply to
William Liao