Used Parts

I have a 240 DL Wagon that has a few parts that I would like to replace. The biggest part, the driver seat, is broken in several places, but manages to sit upright. I would like to replace the seat, but don't want to spend a lot of money for one. What would you recommend as a way for me to get ahold of a new seat?

Thanks, Jason Williard

Reply to
Jason Williard

A scrap yard / car breakers / dismantlers......... mines gone too. I was offered ALL the seats for a 240GL Estate for £65 delivered from an online used parts search engine.

Les

Reply to
Les & Claire

In the SF Bay Area, there was a pair on Craigslist. I don't remember the price it was last week. I recommend a wrecking yard. There are a lot of 240's there in my area.

Reply to
Rojo2G

Where are you? There's a lot of seats at junkyards, also what year is the car? The pre-'86 seats are a bit easier to find, though generally a bit ratty.

Reply to
James Sweet

I'm in the Portland, Oregon area. The car is a 87.

Reply to
Jason Williard

That should be a breeze, Portland is swarming with older Volvos, the IPD swap meet is coming up in a few weeks too. You could also drive up to south Olympia to visit Pick A Part, they always have a number of Volvos.

Reply to
James Sweet