used volvo

I am really tempted to get a used volvo S40, or S70 (i dont have a deep pocket to get something brand new, :

Reply to
shanghai.breeze

Just like the old Packard ads. from the 1930's state..."Ask the man who owns one". No, I wasn't around then, but I definitely would NOT recommend a new Volvo, particularly if you're thinking of keeping it for about five years or longer. I'm speaking as someone who has had 17 new Volvos since 1967. This is my LAST one. PERIOD!!! Literally, dozens of problems, all of which prevented me from making a living (Real Estate). Buy a Lincoln Town Car, they're a lot cheaper in the long run...particularly if you bought your Volvo from Volvo of Las Vegas! My Volvo XC70 won't pass smog this time around and the dealer stated that they haven't heard about the Throttle Control Module recall, meaning that I have to spend $1,000 USD before anyone gets around to refunding. Luckily, I know people here in Las Vegas who are in Small Claims Court. Buy a Lincoln Town Car. Cheaper to buy, fewer rattles and creaks, a 20 year old engine that has been proven with a computer system that's a lot better than Volvo's. I just rented a new Town Car over the week end and it had the Touring susension. It doesn't lean in decreasing radius off-ramps, no tire squeal, and feels as solid as a rock, and it tracks like it's on, well, what can I say... tracks. Incredible car, the Lincoln. Good Luck.

Reply to
Administrator

A Lincoln?

Pshaw.

My sister just bought a new Toyota Avalon, she's in heaven.

Reply to
zencraps

thanks, i just read so many negative user reviews about volvo, but can not resist the temptation of volvo's appearance. i now will probably think twice before i commit...thanks for all the input.

Reply to
shanghai.breeze

People have bad luck with every type of car...

Get whatever you want, and like to drive... they all end up costing about the same in the end.

Reply to
Rob Guenther