V 70 Ocean Race

What do we know about the Volvo V 70 Ocean Race. Is it a standard V 70 with extras.

Reply to
Andy Mann

i saw some images...it looked pretty nice.....just offered in 2005 mdls?

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

The car is a 2001 V70 silver in colour, is the Ocean Race only in blue

Reply to
Andy Mann

really...? an 2001....is it for sale? how many miles, condt, etc?

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

-------------google snipped---------------------------------------

Volvo builds on the XC90 success with special Volvo Ocean Race edition

The countdown for the second Volvo Ocean Race has begun. In perfect timing for the Barcelona Boat Show in early November, Volvo Cars is presenting the first in a series of specially designed Volvo Ocean Race models - a Volvo XC90 T6 with unique "ocean blue" livery. The XC90 will be followed by a Volvo V70 Ocean Race and a Volvo XC70 Ocean Race model.

"The Volvo Ocean Race represents values that reflect what our customers are looking for in their cars. It's all about an active lifestyle, adventure and passion. The campaign cars radiate all this and we know from experience that they are highly attractive models", says Gerry Keaney, Senior Vice President Marketing, Sales & Service at Volvo Cars. When the Volvo Ocean Race was held the first time round, the company sold twice as many of its special campaign cars as planned. 4,500 Ocean-Blue Volvo V70 and XC70 models were delivered before the winning boat, "Illbruck", crossed the finishing line in Kiel, Germany, on 9 June 2002.

Exciting new interior designs "This time we have an even better offer than before, with particular focus on a range of interior details in exciting materials, for instance blue-tone aluminium inlay panels and upholstery in materials resembling exclusive yachting clothes. With this offer we expect to sell considerably more cars compared to the previous Volvo Ocean Race Edition", says Gerry Keaney.

As before, the marine atmosphere is radiated by the special Ocean-Blue body colour combined with silver mouldings, roof rails in brushed aluminium and the Volvo Ocean Race emblem on the front doors. Production of the specially built Volvo Ocean Race models will start in mid June 2005.

The Volvo Ocean Race The Volvo Ocean Race is a round the world yacht race featuring nine offshore racing legs. It starts on the 12th of November 2005 in Vigo, Spain. An inshore race at each of the main stopover ports will also be included in the 2005-2006 event. This race also features "The Volvo Open 70" - a new and faster boat with a modern design.

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Reply to
Andy Mann

ocean looks like cosmetic changes...and no mechanical.... from what info i could dig up......

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Reply to
Rob Guenther

one on eBay...item # 4536585974 looks tasty.....

The 2002 Volvo V70 XC Ocean Race Cross Country Edition, number 439 of

650. Aimed at sailing enthusiasts, the Limited Edition Ocean Race Cross Country, in addition to all the standard features includes leather upholstery, exclusive Ocean Blue exterior paint, silver body molding, special exterior badging, an additional rear skid plate and unique floor mats.

This Volvo is in excellent condition, inside and out. Paint is still incredibly clean and glossy. There are a few small scratches and a few very small dents, but are hardly noticeable unless you look for them. I would have taken pictures but I do not know if they would show up. The interior is soft black leather that looks just as good as anything you would find in the showroom. Regular maintenance was performed on this car to keep it in top shape. Tires look practically new. Any questions on this car, please send them to snipped-for-privacy@cox.net

As an alternative for SUV-intenders, the current Cross Country wagon was designed from the start to feature all-wheel drive and additional ground clearance. As such, it has its own front suspension and a slightly longer wheelbase than regular V70s, plus a wider track front and rear to accommodate larger wheels and tires. Folding down the 40/20/40-split rear bench yields 71.4 cubic feet of cargo space.

Motivating the Cross Country is a 2.4-liter turbocharged five-cylinder engine that produces 197 horsepower and 210 pound-feet of torque all being channeled through a five speed automanual transmission. Under normal conditions, the AWD system directs most of the power to the front wheels (about 95 percent); when slippage is detected, nearly all power can be sent to the rear wheels via a viscous clutch. Volvo's TRACS system enhances the package by permitting side-to-side transfers of torque when needed.

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^