V 70 Passenger Window

I was riding in the passenger seat of my 2001 V70 estate, my wife was driving which makes a change. The electric window was about half down and I decided to close it, to my amazement the window went down not up and stayed down. The window did not drop but went down as those I had pressed the down button.

Once the window was down it would not move on either the driver or passenger buttons, I could also not hear any noise from the motor when trying to operate the window.

I did a google and found a posting which may indicate that it is a simple software problem which just needs resetting If it is not software all the indications would be that as the window will not move on either the driver or passenger buttons it would be something within the door probably the motor.

If it was the motor failed then surely the window would have failed not in the down position but in the position it was. I am still baffles as to why the window went down when I pulled for it to go up.

Reply to
Wayne Kerr

Wayne Kerr

how did you do it?