V40 20T auto - warm start problem

Have a 1997 v40 cd auto when engine is warm it will not start without pressing the throttle and then leaving it running fast without engaging drive, then after a few moments it settles to a steady tickover. I have been told it is the heat sensor sending an incorrect reading to the coldstart system? but if so is this the same temperature sensor for the dashboard guage?.

appreciate help Thanks

Reply to
v90

check the inlet track for leaks. A weak running engine will do this. ( from experience I had a leak on a flashlube system that caused these exact symptoms on a V70 1997 2.5 LPT. )

fixing the split pipe fixed it all overnight

Reply to
entwisi