V40 Blower to Windscreen Poor??

Hi,

I have a 4 year old V40 that I have owned for about 6 months. It has electronic climate control which, as far as I am aware, is working ok but I have an issue with the blast that the blower gives to the windscreen.

Previous cars I have had i.e. Ford Sierra, Peugeot 405, Renault 25, Nissan Primera etc have never left me in any doubt but with the V40 I feel that the blast is not what it should be. The fan is fine as the blast from facia vents is what I expect, but to the screen it is poor. In general use on a journey it is adequate and keeps the screen clear but on these damp cold mornings that we get here in the UK I often struggle to clear the screen for

4 or 5 miles.

I do have the aircon on and recirc off, and yes the recirc does seem to be switching between on and off correctly.

I realise this is largely subjective but can anyone tell me if the blower to the screen is known weak or if I have a problem and what it might be please?

Regards. Roger.

Reply to
Rog