v40 bonnet/hood release problem

I tried to open the bonnet and the lever pulled back just fine but came back further than usual and the bonnet did not release.

I now have a bonnet that I cannot open and a lever that doesn't work. I tried to pull on the cable but it won't move. The lever did not return to its usual rest position.

Is there an easy way to get around this or does the car have to go to a service centre?

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
SteveL

Hi Steve

While I don't have the same vehicle and thus cannot say for sure ... it does sound like the cable my have snapped or at least let-go somewhere along the line.

I'm pretty sure your local service centre would be able to open the hood (once it's up on the hoist) and fix that for you.

I noticed this post cuz just yesterday my V70 hood (er, sorry 'bonnet') didn't open. One side opened, but the other side wouldn't let go. I was worried ... so I left it for a moment and started to tinker on other projects in the garage ... and next thing I know, I heard a *click* ... sure enough, the 2nd clamp finally gave-in and the hood was able to open. So ... I lubricated it RIGHT away!! :)

Allan

... and SteveL spake, saying:

Reply to
Allan Shearer