V40 Headlight

UK Year 2000 model V40 Dual headlight, dipped main beam bulb (the one on the outside)

Doe the lug go down or up? And should the bulb sit bang in the middle of the round thing in the headlamp unit?

I have just had a hell of a game refitting a bulb having not looked carefully enough before I took out the old one. The only way that it seemed to fit properly was with the lug down but I have only been able to refit one of the retainer springs.

Can anyone help please.

Cheers. Bill.

Reply to
Bill

If it is like the 2000 S40, the problem is that there is little space behind the bulb. It seems to me that oyu took out more of the assembly than was necessary. Normally, you just unplug the bulb and slide it out in the bulb holder. The springs don't have to come out.

Reply to
Marvin

It goes up!

And belive me, it can be easily fitted with the lug down!!

Not helped by the neck of the water bottle being in the way!!!

Reply to
Bill

Yes, it sits right in the middle of the round thing. If you can get your head in close enough you can see the shape of the bulb surround matches the slot in the headlamp unit, with the lug to the top. The springs just squeeze and fold back, they don't need to come right out.

I've got a Y2000 model too and have been thru loads of headlamp bulbs in the

170000 miles i've done so far (company car). I can just about change the bulb with my eyes closed!

Scott

Reply to
Scott