V40 R-reg diesel - life expectancy

I'm considering buying a R-reg Volvo V40 1.9 diesel with 150,000 miles on the clock, but I have no idea what sort of life expectancy these engines have. Would this car be coming to the end of its life, or is it likely to have another 100,000 miles left in the engine / gearbox?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Reply to
Phoenix

I have a 1998 R V40 with 300k miles. Needed new engine at 270k but that was my fault (cam belt went!!) I have been v happy with mine, still going strong, just make sure it has been well looked after.

Regards

Reply to
Andy Burke

My V40 TD 79 has done 280.000'Kms now. I bought it 5 weeks ago. Changed the front stabalizer rubbers myself, what a job!!! Filters and multiband are easy to change.

Also chenged the vacuum pump, not cheap! The nozles and fuel pump are on my list to have them overhauled. No oil consumption ;-)

There is probabely a lot of play in the gearstick. Some rubber parts can be replaced easily but that does not solve the entire problem, it belongs to the car.

All the best. If yoy need more info kail me PM.

Martijn

144 244 262C V40 TD

Reply to
Martijn