V40 Remote Locking

Hi

I have a 1999 V40 which is fitted with central locking, I would like to convert it to remote central locking. Has anyone on list tried this or know of any dealers in the UK who will sell a kit?

TIA Richard

Reply to
Richard

Hi Jonathan

I wish it were that easy :-) According to the parkers guide only the SE and CD models were fitted with Remote Locking as standard, on the basic 2.0l 16v V40 Remote Locking was fitted as part of the optional 'business package'. I will have to try to get my hands on a wiring diagram and fit one of the universal jobs.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
Richard

My 1999 S40 1.6s had remote locking and my 2002 V40 1.8S has it too. I didn't know you could get them without.

Reply to
Geoff Pearson