V6 diesel

Can anyone help with details of the V6 diesel, weight & power etc. Dont shoot me but I am thinking of dropping one into a Land Rover and as LR & Volvo are owned by Ford is this the same family of engines that Ford plan to use in future LR.

Thanks

Smokeyone

Reply to
Smokeyone

And what V6 is this then???

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Yah, doesn't Volvo use an inline 5 cylinder diesel? Which was built before Ford took over.... The only V6 I was aware of in a Volvo was the PVR and the VW diesel from the 70s/80s (whenever it was...)

Reply to
Rob Guenther

There is no Volvo V6 diesel engine for use in cars. The only Volvo diesel is the D5, 2.4 Litre five cylinder, 163 bhp in UK trim. The previous diesels used by Volvo were of Audi/VW manufacture. A 2.5 Litre five cylinder of 144 bhp and a

2.4 Litre six cylinder of 87 bhp (non-turbo), 109 bhp (turbo) and 122 bhp (turbo intercooler). There was a version of this last which gave 127 bhp and was fitted to the 780 for Italian market only. All these engines are in-line type.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter Milnes

Thats what I get for taking a friends word for the existance of the engine. Thanks in any case for the info.

Smokeyone

Reply to
Smokeyone

I think it is VW who have a V6 diesel and Ford have a lightweight V6 diesel for putting in the Jaguar. Audi naturally have one as well. The V6 is fitted to the Skoda which is a superbly fit car.

Cheers, Peter.

: > Cheers, Peter. : >

: >

Reply to
Peter Milnes

Yes, this is a new all alloy 2.7 litre 60 deg V6 jointly designed by PSA and Ford, thoough I suspect Ford did the actual casting- as its remarkably similar to a stretched 2.5 V6 duratec, and PSA did the bizz with the cylinder heads and HDI injection so it actually worked without sounding like a tractor.

This engine is also due for fitment into the new LR Discovery III later this year.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.