V70 ABS wheel sensors

Could anyone give me a value for the resistance of one of the ABS wheel speed pickups. I think I've got a dodgy one.

Chris.

Reply to
mcbrien410
1100 ohms
Reply to
OBD

Typically a faulty ABS/Tracs control unit will set a code for the right rear wheel sensor.

The best check is to measure the voltage output across the leads of each sensor as the road wheel is turned by hand. If the output is significantly lower from one wheel sensor as compared to the others you have found the culprit. It is possible for a sensor to show acceptable resistance statically and produce either insufficient voltage or insufficient amplitude in dynamic situations.

If you do have a bad wheel sensor you will likely get an ABS code only when starting out at about 15 mph or so when the system does it's dynamic check. Or when coming to a stop at low speed when the control unit thinks one wheel has stopped turning and as a result actuates the ABS modulator (no light comes on since the system thinks it ps operating properly).

Bob

Reply to
User