V70 Auto box problem or not!!!!

Hello all, I have just bought a V70 Classic (2000 model) 153,000 on the clock but purrs like new!!!

the orange light on the dash is flashing- its the orange arrow which denotes the W setting for the box, it's constantly flashing but there seems absolutely nothing wrong with the car!!!

Any ideas? How can I reset it? or do I need access to the ODBII dongle thingy?

Many thanks in advance,

Steve a Volvo newbie!!!

Reply to
StaffBull

Rob Guenther

Thanks, do you mind me asking how much the sensor was to replace?

Reply to
StaffBull

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Thanks, doesn't sound too bad!!

Reply to
StaffBull

It is a fault caught by the transmission computer. There should be a code that will indicate the fault. I had the same problem in a '01 V70. It was "incorrect ratio" and turned out to be a bad PNP switch which is the part that tells the computer the gear selection of the transmission. However, the dealer changed the input speed sensor and output speed sensor first and that didn't have any effect since neither was bad. I would work with them on this and see if they will find what parts can be the cause and ask to just pay for the bad one.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

Many thanks Stephen,

Steve