V70 auto transmission problem

V70 1998, Auto Transmission not happy, the car seems to have to make a real effort to pull away almost like it has selected the wrong gear this a the mo is intermittent but becoming more regular, since have noticed it judder as I accelerate away a couple of times finances are not so good at the mo so any advise would be great. Thanks

Reply to
holly

heiio holly have you checked your transmission oil level lately, via dipstick under bonnet. oil level is very critical on autos, advice is given on how to check level in car owners handbook. DO THIS CHECK FIRST. let me know you get on. kindest regards djdave.

"holly" wrote: > V70 1998, Auto Transmission not happy, the car seems to have > to make a real effort to pull away almost like it has selected > the wrong gear this a the mo is intermittent but becoming more > regular, since have noticed it judder as I accelerate away a > couple of times > finances are not so good at the mo so any advise would be > great. > Thanks

Reply to
djdave

Hi yep already checked all levels in car including auto trans fluid since posting have found that the selecto buttons located behind the gear lever sports economy and winter selectors are sticking generally on the winter button and it is a job to free it when I do the car drives as it use to if I can?t it is sluggish?

any thoughts please

"holly" wrote: > V70 1998, Auto Transmission not happy, the car seems to have > to make a real effort to pull away almost like it has selected > the wrong gear this a the mo is intermittent but becoming more > regular, since have noticed it judder as I accelerate away a > couple of times > finances are not so good at the mo so any advise would be > great. > Thanks

Reply to
holly

If its stuck in winter mode then it will pull away in 3rd.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

holly schrieb:

Hi Holly,

Check the transmission fluid level. Is absolutely essential. Refill according to manufacturer's instructions. If it recurrs, try to find the leak.

Joerg

Reply to
Joerg Lorenz

That was my first thought. The transmission is OK. If the WINTER button is sticking, that is the problem. When in WINTER mode the car starts in 3rd gear. It won't hurt anything, but is very irritating as you have found out.

Reply to
Stephen Henning