V70 bright lights

Just bought the above which is 4 year old. In the dark when you rev the engine all the lights seem to brighten noticeably, do I have a problem or is this normal.

Reply to
Andy Mann

That is not normal. Something electrical is messed up.... I saw this happen on a buddies Mercury Sable wagon - I'd guess that as the alternator spools up it's generating more voltage. Maybe the regulator is damaged.

If you press the accelerator while cruising do the lights brighten with increases in RPM, and then when it shifts gears and drops RPMs do the lights diminish in intensity?

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Yes, rev up and lights go up.

Reply to
Andy Mann

I'd take a guess at the alternator... maybe just the regulator.

Reply to
Rob Guenther