V70 check engine light, cont'd.... now getting Evap codes

posted before about check engine light had coolant temp sensor changed at non-Volvo-specific garage light stayed on after repair took car back in, they said it might be the cable connecting sensor + computer or the computer light stayed on since they replaced sensor finally got them to run diagnostic again this time came up with two evap system codes, one about gross leak and the other one was described to me as the car's engine not getting air car has stalled several times recently at red lights in the heat first garage said could not access all volvo system taking it to dealer boston monday they will run diagnostic, said it might be a software issue

how much does it cost to deal with all this stuff? I have to get car inspected and it won't pass with this light on

Reply to
daffy

does the '98 have an OBDII interface yet? if so you can use non-Volvo programming. it's all the rage on the "racing circuit." there is a good corp in Quebec & i use a company in the Netherlands. they provide on going updates & have profiles other than racing e.g. fuel economy, durability, parental control, etc. they may not be able to help you. their emphasis is Euro stock racing, so they have a sister R to my Myst. they, also, have the engineers, programmers, drivers & track access to put their R thru her paces w/ new software & new hardware. restoring a stock V70 to nominal may not interest them, but it might. it cost me ~$600 for software & i assume you already have a 'puter & internet connection.

(i think)

the software alone =+ ~40 bhp. add simple, cheap hardware improvements you get another ~40 bhp. spend real time/money another ~60 bhp. you will need the software to take full advantage of the hardware.

Reply to
rwlangbauer