V70 power brake booster

How difficult is it to change toe power brake servo on a 2001 V70 T4??? Any instructions available?

Thanks John

Reply to
John

You lost a cylinder?!

Unfortunately you have to drop the engine & 'box on the subframe to allow the servo to pass over the top of the cam cover. Well you do on RHD cars (in UK at least)

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

You don't have to do that on LHD cars, but you do need to move a fair bit of stuff out of the way. I've never done one, but from what I've heard, you don't have to disconnect any brake lines, but do have to push the master cylinder and ABS unit out of the way, bending brake lines (carefully of course). The Volvo approved method is disconnecting and removing these components first. And of course the bar that goes from strut to strut needs to be removed first.

Reply to
Mike F