V70 Rear screen wash not working

My 1997 V70 has developed an irritating fault - although the rear tailgate wiper works perfectly, the screen wash simply won't. The fluid reservoir is full, and I can hear the pump working, but no water comes out to wash the rear screen.

I suspect a blocked pipe, but how do you remove the trim around the rear screen to disconnect the pipe from the jet?

Any advice, (or a link to an idiot's guide on Volvospeed for example) gratefully received.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I had the same problem - and mine was down to the pipe coming off the pump. Have you made sure that the water is appearing under the bonnet when you try to operate the rear washers?

The pipes are a bit fiddly to get at, but you have removed the reservoir's filler tube (which is just a push fit, with an 'O' ring seal) you can get your hand in.

Reply to
Roger Mills

My 940 did that last week, it was the actual nozzle above the rear screen blocked with a jelly like substance. A proddle with a sewing needle sorted it out but I noticed that the screenwash had become glutinous and semi translucently white - very similar to a certain male bodily fluid!

Ron(UK)

Reply to
Ron(UK)

Thanks, but I've already checked for the loose pipe connection and gummed-up jet, with no joy. That's why I thought of removing the pipe from the jet and flushing it through. Unfortunately, though, I can't see how to get the trim off without the risk of it breaking.

Any other advice gratefully received

Bill

Reply to
Bill

The trim around the rear window just snaps off, and yes there's a risk of it breaking, especially if it's cold. You need to be brave, and just pull. There's a pressure valve, very close to the washer jet that is probably blocked.

Reply to
Mike F

Thanks - perhaps I'll wait until Spring!

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Bill

Try this link in case the feed pipe has come adrift,

graham.brownlee2