V70 T5 SE 1998 - Climate control not blowing that cool and occasionally burning/strong smell on start up? Ideas?

My Volvo V70T5 SE 1998 climate control doesn't seem to blow that cold anymore.

It's coolish but thats all. the lights aren't flashing as described in the manual if theres are fault.

Any ideas? low on refrigerant perhaps? buggered compressor (I hope not!!)

thanks for any help offered

Reply to
bob martin

You might have the all-too-common evaporator failure which is also all-too-expensive to repair.

You could try a refrigerant refill first.

John

Reply to
John Horner

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Hi John

It turned out to be a lack of gas and blocked pollen filter. All sorted for £90!! Phew!!

thanks for the info tho

Jim

Reply to
bob martin