V70 T5s with 6speed manual gearbox

I had thought that the 2004 was the last year of the T5 manual... since then, have discovered that there were 2005 T5s with 6 speed manual transmissions.

Any idea how common the 2005 T5s were - with the 6speeds? Worth trying to find one for sale, or are they too limited in number to search?

Local dealer said 2005 was a better year (different electronics, better seats, slightly more hp), but that he had never seen a 6 speed (other than the R model).

Thanks

Reply to
2004 T5m

Do you *really* want 6 gears?

I've got a 6-speed manual box on my 2007 V70 D5, but don't really see the advantage compared with 5-speeds. On my previous car, 5 gears covered the range quite adequately, and 6 just seems to increase the chances of being in the *wrong* gear at any point in time!

Reply to
Roger Mills

Indeed. I heard an advertisement for a Mercedes model wih a very high output engine and 7 speed automatic transmission. Seven speeds! One of it's "features" is the ability to have it automatically skip 3 intermediate to allow for "smoother" shifting. I read that to mean it would reduce what would seem like continual hunting around for the proper gear. I would think that an engine that powerful could function very well with a torque converter based 3 or 4 speed automatic.

Reply to
Roadie

Don't know what part of the country/world you're in but... A 2005 V50/T5 manual turned up in San Antonio, Texas back in August but I think it was a 5-speed. It was sold pretty much before I could get in my Ford beater and get there to check it out...

Reply to
Wooly