V70 - where's radio antenna?

Hello,

I just bought myslef 2002 V70 with 603 radio unit. Now, I walked around the car to see where the antenna is but couldn't find it. Is it built-in somewhere? The radio signal is not strongest where I live and maybe having additional antenna would help radio quality...

BRs, Zuilk

Reply to
Zulik
[Zulik] (Tue, 24 Feb 2004 22:05:14 +0100):

Built in the rear left window. (on 850's anyway)

Mine has a very good reception. You might want to check that the threads in the window is fine, and the connection to the radio is fine.

Reply to
Svein Tore Sølvik

The new V70 also has an antenna built into the rear left side window - like the old V70 and the 850 before it. Apparently, the new V70 has an additional antenna hidden in the rear bumper.

Reply to
Bonnet Lock

Apparently, the new V70 has an additional | antenna hidden in the rear bumper.

I have heard that this is called a "diversity" antenna, and needs an optional amplifier to make it work. Perhaps someone here has more info?

Cheers,

Jim Kelly

Reply to
Jim Kelly

AIUI, there should already be one. On the S80, it somewhere in the vicinity of the rear right hand light cluster. Not sure where it is on the V70 - maybe in the right hand D-post? [The amplifier for the window antenna is apparently in the left hand D-post].

Reply to
Bonnet Lock

All aerials of this type are fitted in conjunction with an amplifier.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter Milnes